Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Philadelphia

 Philadelphia has been the most stable "home" I have had since graduating from college last May.  I think Philly is one of the most underrated cities in the United States.  It is full of culture, good restaurants and awesome shopping.  It's completely walk- able and historic.  But what really makes Philly feel like home for someone who has no home is how much the people at the hospital {that I work for} have become my family.  I can be gone for weeks at a time, and whenever I come back we pick right up where we left off...


The girls who work the front desk of our New Patient Intake Clinic are magically skilled wizards keeping the entire clinic functioning.  They know every patient's name and where they need to be.  They are the wheels on the bike and the gas in the car.  To thank them for a project they recently helped me with, I brought them some beautiful tulips from Trader Joe's this morning.  As I was sitting with them this morning, the tulips opened right before our eyes.  I couldn't help but take a picture to share (see above!).  The amount of smiles that came from such a small, yet perfect flower made my week. The lush colors with that yellow ebbing its way out.... flowers make me melt.  Much like dogs, I love them all. Every color, every shape, they make me happy.  Sadly, I haven't received flowers from anyone since a high school boyfriend.  I guess I'll know when I found the right guy when he brings me flowers. {kidding}{Kinda}. I do splurge on flowers for myself and I never feel guilty for it.  They can literally change the feeling of a room.




Here are some shots of the lovey Philly...




Driving home from the hospital

6:30 am on the roof of my building after my morning workout

I love love love driving back into the city at the end of the day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment