Friday, March 2, 2012

Move On

"I can't go back to yesterday-- because I was a different person then."
-Lewis Carroll


I woke up around 6 this morning, drove to the beach, and swam as the sun came up and the birds started to sing.  I let myself float for a while taking in the gorgeous clouds rolling over the hills outlined by an orange pink you only see in paintings. Although this post is starting off with this beautiful image, do not be fooled. I have a bone to pick today with selfish people and I am using this blog to vent about it.  I don't understand how they can shrug it off and not notice the beauty in the earth.  Some people are so wrapped up in their own worlds, looks, weight, what other people did to them,ignoring that their own actions have consequences, starting every sentence with I, talking about people one way and then acting completely differently in front of them.  Thinking they deserve things.  And it drives me CRAZY.  But as much as I feel pangs of annoyance, I feel pity.  Pity for the sheltered child who looks down on others whose life happened to take them a different route. The snob who thinks he or she is always right and all other opinions are wrong.  Sometimes I find myself disagreeing, just to stifle their satisfaction of being right.  Just to challenge the high and mighty attitude.  But this is no way to live.  Why should we suffer because of other people's ignorance?  I can clear my head, and take in the pink and orange sky as a gift from the earth, and close my ears to those naive people whose own bad energy rots away inside of them.  It has taken years of practice but I finally feel as though I can separate wrong from right; what to waste my energy on and what to let go.


Stand with me and don't let anyone else's bad energy inside of you.  Take in as much peace and beauty as you can from the earth and the goodness of so many around you.  There are so many other people out there who will nourish you soul. I will strive everyday to be a better person than I was yesterday.  To learn from yesterday's lessons, to appreciate yesterday's life, and to walk, run, and dance into today knowing that life is not perfect. Life is not fair.  But sometimes you have to accept what you cannot control, appreciate everything you can, and move on.


A patient once asked me... what are you going to do today with this one crazy, wonderful life?

No comments:

Post a Comment