Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Obsessed with Kitchens

Some of my best memories revolve around the kitchen: cooking with my mom, doing homework, late night snacks, family gatherings and holidays, the smells, the warm lighting. I even remember being sick as a kid and wanting to do nothing but lie on the cool tile floor.  (I should mention here that my mom is religious about cleaning the floors.)  I am a true believer that the kitchen is the new living room.  My love for the coziness of kitchens combined with my appreciation of design and decor has made kitchen browsing one of my favorite past times.  I just love picturing myself my family {current and future} cooking a holiday meal or just lazying around on a Tuesday evening in one of these lovely rooms. 


This one looks like it belongs in one of the homes in Arizona, where I grew up.
 
 I love how this kitchen gives the cook almost a stage...the cook can do her thing while family members and friends gather without getting in her way.
 White marble..enough said...
 We have hideous yellow cabinets in the house we rent out. I think incorporating some black takes out the 70's feel of the yellow and have sent this to my mom hinting that our kitchen needs some attention... if only for the sake of the renters.
 Ah.  A white pristine kitchen. An island in which the cook can easily maneuver around (in every kitchen I've lived in growing up we always had an island.  It is a must in my future kitchen). I love the contrast of black on white, so clearly this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment